Monday, July 25, 2011

It is 100 degrees right now! O-M-G! Thank you God for blessing us with a/c because we are inside and nice and cool :)

SOOOO, always, we are in a rush to get ready for church. It never really matters what time I get up, we always seem to be Miguel had been up since around 6 a.m. or so. I later found out he didn't sleep well and had been up all night because he had drank THREE Red Bulls. He asked me to remind him to never do it again. Anyway, he had been out back cleaning up the yard and when he came in, he told me that he thought Max had been trying to squeeze under the fence because he had two scratches on his cheeks. I asked him if he was okay and he said "yes", so I didn't think anything else of it. When we came home later in the afternoon after church and shopping and whatnot, I went out to give him some fresh water and I "freaked" when I saw his cheek. It was not scratches at all. I don't know what it is to be exact, but there is a spot on his left cheek about the size of a silver dollar...maybe a tad bigger. And his hair is gone in that spot. And he has two small flat "dots" about the size of peas in the middle of that area. And it feels like "thick" when I touch that spot. They don't look like punctures in his skin so I don't think anything bit him. I bathed him immediately because I wanted to get a good look at it w/out the dirty face. And then I put a ton of Neosporin on it. But I think he keeps scratching it which makes me think it might be itching him and he had made it bleed and that just looked REALLY bad. I really wanted to cry just looking at him. We leashed him up on the back porch because I don't want him getting it dirty and possibly infected. I really, really want to just take him in to the vet, but unfortunately money doesn't permit it right at this moment. I have another dentist appointment on Wednesday and so does Mikey. Mikey's alone is over $100. Miguel is buying him an E-collar so he can stop messing with it and we are just going to keep putting Neosporin on it and watch him and take him into the vet on the weekend. I washed his face again this afternoon and found another small "patch" under his chin that looks almost like it, so we are definitely taking him in. The "mother" instinct in me is thinking that I don't want to wait and I'm probably going to ask Miguel to take him in on Wedensday while Mikey are I are the dentist. I just do not want to take any chances. We will just have to figure the money part out later. I know that God will take care of us. He always does, so I'm not too worried about it.
So, yesterday after church, Yo and I didn't go to the movies after all :( I was kind of bummed because I was really looking forward to some girl time. Instead we went to drop off a payment and walked around a Big Lots that just happened to be right next door. I had noticed a couple of those carry baskets on top of a shelf in the scrapbooking section so I had asked Miguel to take one down for me. I'm glad he did because I found some COOL American Crafts alpha stickers and some Hampton Arts stamps! I took the other basket down myself, but didn't find anything different in there. In the scrapbook aisle itself, I found a cool American Crafts wood mounted rubber stamp (they had several different ones) and a clear acrylic set that I had actually been eyeing at Hobby Lobby, but I got it there for TWO bucks! I picked up an extra for my sis because I don't think she has it and I think she'll like it :) I only spent $18 :) I also got some happy mail today...some ETSY orders I had made last week...some Jenni Bowlin ink pads and an American Crafts minimarks rubon book. I still have 3 layouts that I took to Chon's that I didn't get to work on so maybe this week. Today was cleaning day and I haven't had much "fun time". I still have blankets washing/drying and colors to wash, fold, iron then put away. Ugh, tired just talking about it! lol But I got alot done today...everything on my list, so I'm happy about that. My mind is just not at rest right now worrying about Max, so for anyone who reads this, prayers for my furry baby would be GREATLY appreciated. AND if there aren't enough things wrong with me/bothering yesterday and Saturday, I wore these shoes that I bought a while back, but just never wear because they aren't as comfy as my "OLD" ones and oh, are they OLD! The last time I wore them, I pointed out to Miguel how the tops were literally "cracked"! So I decided to wear my newer looking shoes, but OMG, all day long my feet were hurting...BADLY. I forgot from the last time I wore those very shoes that they KILL my ankle....the one I hurt..what was it...three years back? To this day, it STILL hurts and especially if I wear those shoes I found out! So, last night...aside from being worried about Max, suffering a bit from my allergies (BAD headache and sinus pressure AND nausea), my ankle was THROBBING all night long. It literally felt like someone was squeezing my ankle really tightly! It still hurts a bit today, but I swear I will never, EVER wear those shoes again. Lesson learned!

Okay, I think that's all for now. Here's a pic to share of my new goodies and a silly pic the hubs and I took yesterday :)

No comments: