Monday, May 2, 2011

A layout and a lil' haul :)







I haven't posted pics of one of my shopping sprees in a good while, so I thought I'd post some today :)


The Simple Stories kits, my sis and I got at a place called Alamo Craft Co. My sis just kind of stumbled upon them as we were making our way out. They weren't marked, but we took them up front to see how much they were. We both had agreed that we would pay $14.99, but no more than that. Well, as it turns out...they were $6! And then one of the women up front told us that if we bought three kits that were priced at $6 or $8, we would get one FREE! She didn't need to tell us twice..lol! So we each grabbed one each of the Life Documented and Destinations. We paid $18 for FOUR kits which averaged about $4.50 each kit! That is a STEAL! Because when we got home, I Googled them and found they retail for $20.50 each! We totally scored!! Happy Dance!! :) I also picked up a couple of sheets of Fancy Pants Daily Grind (love that paper from that line) and some awesome LYB stamps that made me think of a Studio Calico one I had wanted, but didn't get :( And yesterday, hubs took me to our Super Joanns because I wanted to buy some yarn for my mom for Mother's Day because she is teaching herself to crochet. And of course, I picked up a few things for myself :) I had been eyeing these Fiskars stamp sets on their website and since they were 30% off, I grabbed 3 different ones. I also picked up this cute reusable tote. It is SO adorable...I just couldn't pass it up! I also picked up some paints in pretty, bright colors that I just LOVE to use on my pages. I want to try using paint on some of my pages. I also picked up two ink blender spongey thingies..lol Yes, that is what they are called...lol, but I forgot to include them in the pic. Oh, and the wood stamps are from the little shopping trip my sis and I took on Saturday. Mikey and I spent the night at her house on Friday and we did a tiny bit of scrapping...got one page done. Not the one I'm showing here..another that I need to put the finishing touches on. This one I did sometime last week and didn't post yet. Anyway, that's all for right now. OH, today was my first day back to the gym since....GOSH, I can't even remember when I went last. I know it was way before our wedding in September. Anyway, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 5 mins on the Elliptical. Not too bad, but I have to ease back into it. It wasn't as hard as I'd anticipated, but I need to work my way back up to at least an hour a day: around 45 mins on the treadmill and 15 or 20 mins on the Elliptical. That's what I was doing before, so that is my goal. I have been feeling really yucky about my body and really just needed to get off my lazy butt and get back to the gym...which is RIGHT across the street now...lol So, here's to getting back in shape :)

No comments: