Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Birthday .....



I can't believe that it's been 11 years since Elijah was born! It seems like only yesterday that he was just a little boy. I can't even remember what those days were like...they seem SO long ago! And yet at the same time...like it was just yesterday...if that makes any sense at all. Lij was such a good baby. So quiet and easy going. He would sit for hours and hours and just play quietly or draw or read books. I never had to worry that he was getting into something he shouldn't. I loved to sit with him and read or draw or do crafty things (he still loves to do that). Now, he's so grown up. His voice is changing..yikes...he's into music (Michael Jackson), girls (not ready for that), he's so smart and creative. He loves to learn and draw. He's such a sensitive soul...very kind and generous (although not always so with his brother)! I am truly blessed and very proud that this young man is my son :)


Today, Mikey and I made him a cupcake cake. It was actually Mikey's idea. He saw the picture on the back of the cake mix box and asked if we could make it. Luckily, we still had some cupcake liners so we decided to give it a try! I think it came out pretty good! Lij LOVED it! He said it was the best cake I'd ever made! LOVE him for thinking so! We aren't doing anything "big" today...just having cake and icecream after dinner which will be Domino's pizza per Lij's request :) On Saturday, we will have Chon and the kids over and Miguel is getting him an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. We'll order pizza that day too and Lij wanted to rent a movie to watch at home. Nothing big, just us hanging out together which is what I like. I'm so thankful that Elijah is just like that and satisfied with whatever he has. Anyway, here's a couple more pics we took of Lij blowing out his candles :)




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Elijah!!! I hope it was a great day!!!