Monday, March 16, 2009

Back in the saddle again...

Yesterday, I put my exercise bike together. I was waiting for Miguel to do it, but he hadn't had time yet, so I figured I'd open it up and give it a try. He was the one who put my treadmill together and that was a long, hard process. I didn't think I'd be able to do this, but after pulling out all the parts which weren't too many and reading the instructions, it seemed easy enough. And it WAS! It only took me about thirty minutes. I think it might have taken me less time if Mikey hadn't been right there in the middle of it. It's not a big machine or heavy at all. It fit right into a corner I had cleared in our bedroom with room to spare, but it is "so" light, that I just pulled it out into the livingroom today when it was time for my work out. The seat is a bit uncomfortable...even for a "cushy" butt like mine! :D I tried "padding" it with a towel over the seat and that helped a tiny bit. Anyway, it's a very quiet machine and my ankle didn't even hurt until almost the end and even then it was very little...thank God. I did 35 minutes and I was able to do TEN miles! Funny how I can do 10 miles on a bike in 35 minutes, but on the treadmill in that time, I could only do 2 and a half miles at the most. So, today is my first day on my road back to getting fit. I have "felt" it these past months and SEE it too. I feel it in the way my clothes feel, the way my body has not made me very happy. But today, is the start of feeling better about my body again. It has been so hard these past three+ months not being able to do anything and just feeling my body "go". I hope and pray that my ankle will not be bothered by this. Working out today made me realize how even though I always hated it. I feel so much better when I "do" exercise and I really did miss the physical activity. So, I'll keep updated on how that is going.
Nothing else for now. Mikey is sick. He'd been coughing since Saturday night and that night was rough. I slept on the couch with him. Although "slept" is not the right word because we hardly got any sleep at all. Poor Mikey kept coughing the whole night long and I kept waking up every time he did thinking he was going to puke. And I was in an upright sitting position with him sitting in my lap too because for some reason, he seemed to cough less this way. Last night was a repeat of the night before and I told Miguel sometime in the wee hours of the morning, that I thought we should take Mikey to the doctor today. So we did. Throat infection and his ears were just starting too. Good thing we caught it early on. So he's on antibiotics and thankfully today, he hasn't coughed as much as he had the other days. I bought him a cough suppresent to give him later before we go to bed so hopefully we can both get some sleep tonight...LAYING DOWN because I am dragging. I got all my cleaning done today...good thing...nothing left to do all week except laundry and my "daily" chores. Maybe I'll get some scrapping done later in the week. I went by Home Depot this past weekend and got that 4 ft. table for my scrap area and I put my Cricut and paper trimmer on there for kind of a "cutting station". It looks nice. Now I have kind of a "c" shaped working area :)
Okay, I think I need to go lay on the couch. I tried to get Mikey to nap with me earlier, but he wasn't having it. I wish I had his energy! More later :)

1 comment:

karen m. (akaliz) said...

i hope your little one gets better quickly! good luck on the biking!