Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A LO using Pencil Lines Sketch...


I never know what to title my blog posts! lol I love using sketches...especially ones from Pencil Lines. I was really excited and inspired to use this weeks sketch--Sketch 122 I think it is. And even more excited when I saw a particular design team members take on it. I just LOVED Tracie's LO using the sketch and HAD to lift it. I didn't copy it exactly meaning I didn't use the exact same papers, embellies, ect. I always wonder that the boundaries are for "lifting" LOs. Since I got the inspiration for it from someone else and the ideas were not totally my own, I always like to give credit where credit is due. But since we are on the subject of scraplifting, I'd like to hear everyone's views on what they consider "scraplifting". Anyway, so I did this page using a pic of me and Mikey that I took on Valentine's Day. I just totally, completely love everything about this page!! Just LOVE it!! I was counting up my pages to date since the new year started and this puts me at 18....yay! So, that's it for today :)

4 comments:

April said...

Hi Laura! Awesome page... ;)

For me personally, if I use any part of someone else's design/sketch/idea on my pages, I give them credit for it. Even though sometimes the scraplifted layout could look totally different (say if you turn it or change the size of items), I still feel like the person deserves the recognition for their work.

BUT, I also feel like just because I've scraplifted someone else's work, it doesn't make my work any less unique. No page will ever be exactly like another page...they are all different and special no matter who came up with what idea... :)

- April

Jane Ettia Jones said...

this page is gorgeous laura
love it

mel said...

Oh wow, Laura, that turned out great!! It really is a beautiful LO! I still haven't gotten to work on mine. I felt awful yesterday. Fever and everything. So I did some cleaning yesterday morning, but not much after that. I'm feeling better today, so I'm going to get my stuff out as soon as I get everyone dressed and fed in a little bit.

shopgirlaudi said...

Lovely, lovely. I just read the journaling. Mikey is a hoot!!! I really like this one. Probably lift it;) but I need that stripey pp:(