Sunday, September 21, 2008

Owl how to....

There wasn't much to making the little owls. These were the basic shapes I drew for the bigger pieces of the owl.


They are a little "off", but I just eyed it and fixed it with the scissors when I was cutting the pieces out of the patterned paper. For the eyeballs, I just cut those out of white cardstock freehand and then drew in the "pupils" with a black Sharpie. After I glued all the pieces together, I just traced parts of it with a fine tip Sharpie marker. It just occurred to me that I could also try making some of these from felt! And googly eyes might be really cute on these too! If anyone does decide to make their own, please post a link...I'd love to see your creations :)

3 comments:

shopgirlaudi said...

Sooo cool. I'm going to try to make some of these later today. I'll post on my blog when I get them done.

TracyP said...

Omg!!! Those Owls are the cutest eva!!!!Tfs!!!

Ginajam said...

Ok...that is so cool. I'm definitely going to try these cuties!!